Just want to put this out there as I was having trouble with this recently and was hard pressed to find a solution so hopefully google will direct some people here.
My problem was my game screen would freeze for about 2-3 seconds and then I'd disconnect, and would usually happen after a quick screen turn. All the research I did on the problem made it out to seem that an addon was the problem because of the short game freeze before the disconnect.
I tried a lot of suggestions by other people none of which solved the problem.
- Disabled addons one by one
- Deleted WTF and Cache folders
- Deleted all addons and then deleted WTF and Cache
- Turned off optimize network speed under network options
- Deleted all addons and then deleted WTF and Cache, and repaired wow
- Disabled optimize network speed under network options
At this point I was convinced that it was just an ISP and network problem. I had did a last ditch effort and submitted a ticket to blizzard about the problem, and he/she had the one golden step that others did not have.
- Uninstall all addons
- Uninstall Curse client
- Delete Interface, WTF, Cache folders
- Go into %appdata% and in each of these folders, delete any traces of World of Warcraft, Battle.net, and Blizzard Entertainment
- Reinstall curse
- Reinstall addons
The %appdata% was the step I was missing. I looked in each folder before I deleted it and it seems that WoW has a hidden cache in a folder in here, which I'm guessing an addon had corrupted. Since doing this, I haven't had any disconnects and hope it stays that way.