A new concept, #245, Quirinus.
Type: Melee, Physical
Pros: High CC, team fight potential.
Cons: Low mobility, relies on legionnaires for most of his kit.
In Roman mythology, Quirinus was a highly worshiped god of the Roman state and a god of war. He has shady origins, but it is believed he is a Sabine god and that his name translates to "spear-wielder". He is sometimes thought to be the deified Romulus.
In Smite he is a Warrior who commands his legion to fight in his name. Like all warrior, Quirinus is well rounded. He excels more at being a bully than anything, though his team fight potential is incredible. He uses his spear with precision strikes, not having a hit chain but reaching 18ft instead of 12.
Quirinus was fairly simple, just wanted a valiant Roman warrior. The spear had to stand out was the main key thing.
Passive – Invinctus
- Quirinus will turn one ally minion into a legionnaire upon coming within 20ft of an ally minion wave. This legionnaire joins his side forming a wedge formation and is indestructible, being protected by his power. Each legionnaire grants Quirinus 4% CC reduction and will interact with his abilities. The legionnaires use spear attacks similar to Quirinus, each dealing .3x his damage as their own, attacking forward only, and only after every 3 basic attacks Quirinus uses. Legionnaires are also capable of taking basic attack hits for Quirinus, but will be inactive and unable to do so again for 6s after. Legionnaires last for 100s each and he may only have up to 4.
Ability I – Scutum
Ability Type: Stance
- Quirinus calls his shield to his forearm, placing it in front of him and holding his spear over it. During this time he moves 50% slower. His shield covers a 6ft area in front of him and will reflect 8/16/24/32/40% damage from all basic attacks that hit it. While in this defensive stance he gains 30 + 1/2/3/4/5 protections per legionnaire active. Quirinus is able to basic attack during this time as well, but cannot use his other abilities. Additionally, he may use this ability again to push his shield forward for 1s. If an enemy hits the shield during this time he will parry forward and stun them for .5/.75/1/1.25/1.5s, putting the ability on a different cooldown.
Parry Damage: 40/70/100/130/160 (+55% of your physical power)
Parry Cooldown: 15s
Ability II – Cuneum Formate
Ability Type: Cone
- Quirinus lunges forward with his spear out, dealing damage in a wide inverted cone. Enemies hit are disoriented for 1s. If Quirinus has legionnaires during this time, the targeter will gradually increase in width and the disorient increases by .2s. With max legionnaires the targeter becomes a wide rectangle.
Damage: 55/95/135/175/215 (+60% of your physical power)
Ability III – Iacere Pila
Ability Type: Target/Line
- Quirinus throws a projection of his spear forward to a target location, at which point it travels the distance in a line before respawning in the air and stabbing into the ground where targeted. Enemies hit by the line take damage. The enemy closest to the center of the ground area afterwards has the spear lodged in them. This enemy is debuffed, having their movement speed reduced by 10/15/20/25/30% and being revealed to Quirinus on the minimap. This debuff lasts for 4s. Quirinus's legionnaires during this time will throw their spears at the debuffed enemy, one legionnaire per second for the debuff duration.
Line Damage: 70/115/160/205/250 (+60% of your physical power)
Stab Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+50% of your physical power)
Legionnaire Damage: 10/15/20/25/30 (+15% of your physical power)
Ultimate – Testudo
Ability Type: AoE
- Quirinus calls down his around himself, spawning them over a 2s duration. After 2s the legion will put up their shields and form a giant wall of shields all around the area. The shield wall reflects 20/25/30/35/40% of all damage back at the attacker and provides allies inside of the area with Quirinus's passive benefits. The shield wall will gradually move outward over its duration, expiring after 6s. For each legionnaire Quirinus has the passive benefits increased by an extra stack, up to 8 in total.
Please note that all my concepts are a WIP and will be updated constantly. Any constructive criticism, questions, and feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!
Will probably need a lot of adjusting. I'm terrible at making Warriors.