An update to Mani, who I struggled with for a while in terms of visual design.
Type: Melee, Physical
Cons: Complexity, not as damaging as other Warriors.
In Norse mythology, Mani is the god sent to drive the Moon across the sky, while his sister Sol drives the Sun. Mani is chased by the wolf Hati.
In Smite Mani would be a mystical Warrior whose well-roundedness comes from his four forms. Mani excels at everything a typical Warrior needs, only falling behind mostly in complexity. His damage is a little on the lower side as he is more of a support. Mani also lacks a true "ultimate" but makes up for it with other abilities, and lacks mobility as well. He is a glowing avatar similar to his sister, though Mani wears floating armor on his body. Mani is accompanied by Hjuki and Bil, the children that follow him, in the form of sentinels that float to his left and right. Mani's armor will shift to reflect which form he is in, as well as the colors of Hjuki and Bil changing.
For Mani the challenge was mostly making him like his sister but not too much. He is her polar opposite but also her close brother. In the end I decided on an unorthodox class and role for Mani, just as Sol fills one. While she is a Mage focused on playing like a Hunter, Mani is a Warrior focused on playing like a Guardian. On top of that I wanted Mani to have armor, but I couldn't think of anything for a while.
Passive – Lunar Phase
- Mani's abilities change the stance that he is in, providing him with four separate forms that prioritize one aspect. Mani does not have to use the ability to change stance, he simply has to use the ability key associated with it.
Full Moon: Provides Mani with 5 + 2 additional HP5 and MP5 per level.
Crescent Moon: Provides Mani with ranged basic attacks that go through targets.
Quarter Moon: Provides Mani with 2 additional physical protections per level.
New Moon: Provides Mani with 2 additional physical power per level.
Ability I – Luminous Beacon
Ability Type: BuffPet
- Mani sends one of his sentinels to a target area which remains stationary for 3/3.5/4/4.5/5s. The sentinel heals Mani and his allies every 1s and provides them with 10/15/20/25/30% CC reduction. Mani may use this ability again to blind all enemies in the radius and deal damage.
This ability changes Mani's form to Full Moon.
Heal: 12/14/16/18/20 (+20% of your physical power)
Damage: 50/70/90/110/130 (+60% of your physical power)
Ability II – Gravity Field
Ability Type: AoE
- Mani swirls his sentinels at a target location, forming a gravity field after 1s. Enemies within this field move 10/20/30/40/50% slower, which includes all of their animations. Allies in this field feel the reverse effects. Mani can use this ability again to cancel it early and deal damage to enemies, crippling them for 1s.
This ability changes Mani's form to Crescent Moon. His ranged basic attacks cannot proc on-hit effects and deal 10% less damage for each enemy they pass through after the first.
Damage: 75/100/125/150/175 (+55% of your physical power)
Ability III – Lunar Orbit
Ability Type: AoE
- Mani causes Hjuki and Bil to rotate around himself, an ally, or an enemy. For 2/2.5/3/3.5/4s they will rotate, reflecting all basic attacks back at the attacker for 20/30/40/50/60% of the original damage. Ability projectiles are also reflected, the ally/Mani taking 90/80/70/60/50% of the damage and the rest being redirected at the attacker. If Mani targets an enemy, all ally projectiles and basic attacks within the area of the orbit are pulled toward them by the gravity.
This ability changes Mani's form to Quarter Moon.
Ultimate – Gravitation
Ability Type: Fan/Pull
- Mani sends out a gravity wave in front of him in a fan. If Mani is moving forward, the wave pushes enemies away. If Mani is moving backward, the wave sucks enemies toward him.
This ability changes Mani's form to New Moon.
Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+45% of your physical power)
As usual I'm pretty bad with making Warrior concepts and so all feedback is appreciated, especially on a complicated one such as Mani.
Please note that all my concepts are a WIP and will be updated constantly. Any constructive criticism and feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!