An update to one of my first and most in-depth concepts.
Type: Melee, Magical
Pros: Map presence.
Cons: Complex and unconventional.
In Greek mythology, Echidna is a she-dragon notable for creating multiple famous beasts with the serpentine Typhon. She is said to represent the fetid and murky waters of swamps left over after the great deluge, and is sometimes equated with Python.
In Smite Echidna would be a Guardian who spawns various creatures to aid her allies and have global map control. She lacks in movement, having incredibly low movment speed, and lacks in hard CC as well. She is unable to be in team fights herself as she is the conduit for her beasts. She is a slow moving slug of a creature with a gnarling voice and long arms to claw at enemies.
For Echidna I wanted to make something mostly of my own. I gave her an appearance that reflects her monstrous origins and offspring. She has her usual snake tail and feminine body, but is now infested by eyeballs, claws, rocky protrusions, slime, and crustacean features.
Passive – Born of the Bog
- Echidna's spawned beasts grant her vision in a 15ft radius around them. Echidna naturally spawns fish-like minions every 12s, which travel to the nearest minion wave and attack as one of them. These minions have 40% of Echidna's health as their own and deal .75x the damage of normal minions. Up to 6 of these may be active at a time, and will despawn upon another being spawned at the max count or dying.
Ability I – Murky Depths
Ability Type: Leap/Pet
- Echidna slithers into a pool of murky water, resurfacing where targeted. In her place will be left a 20ft area of rotted ground, slowing enemies on top by 30% and reducing their protections by 5/10/15/20/25. This ability also spawns a canine minion that attacks the nearest enemy, dealing 30% of Echidna's basic attack damage to them. The dog dies in 3 hits.
Distance of Teleport: 70ft
Ability II – Winged Evil
Ability Type: Pet
- Echidna summons a metal bird on an ally. While the bird is active she will retreat underground and her camera will be focused on the bird. Echidna's basic attacks become ranged metal feathers from the bird which deal normal damage. She may spawn her other abilities while in the view of this bird. She may also use this ability a second time to detonate the bird, causing it to explode and deal damage to enemies around the ally, stunning them for 1s. The bird cannot be damaged. Echidna herself, now underground, gains 5/10/15/20/25 additional MP5 but cannot move. She may be hit while underground. The bird will die if the ally dies or if Echidna herself falls below 40% health.
Detonation Damage: 50/90/130/170/210 (+30% of your magical power)
Ability III – Draconian Spawn
Ability Type: Line/Pet
- Echidna sends a blue serpent in a 55ft line, dealing damage to enemies it passes through and spawning a serpent at the end of the line. The serpent will attack slowly but powerfully at enemies who come within a 15ft radius, dealing damage every 1s. The serpents share 40% of Echidna's health and 20% of her magical power as their own. When a serpent is killed it will release a venom spray in a cone, slowing all enemies hit and reducing their protections. Echidna may have up to 3 of these serpents at a time.
Line Damage: 80/100/120/140/160 (+50% of your magical power)
Venom Slow: 10/15/20/25/30%
Venom Protection Reduction: 2/4/6/8/10 for 4s
Ultimate – Metamorphosis
Ability Type: Buff/Pet
- Upon using this, Echidna mutates all of her beasts on the field currently. All passive minions grow bigger and deal 1.5x their normal damage. Her bird will become a Stymphalian Bird, granting the ally it is on protections as well as bonus damage. Her serpents will grow into hydra-like beasts, dealing additional damage. Echidna herself spawns the dreaded Chimera from her location, a mobile minion who will stalk down the nearest enemy god to Echidna and begin attacking, dealing damage with devastating blows from it's snake tail.
Bird Protection Increase: 20/25/30/35/40
Bird Damage Increase: 20% of Echidna's magical power.
Dragon Damage Increase: 15% of Echidna's magical power.
Chimera Damage: 50% of Echidna's magical power.
Duration of Mutation: 6/6.25/6.5/6.75/7s
This is a complicated concept so a lot of feedback is appreciated.
Please note that all my concepts are a WIP and will be updated constantly. Any constructive criticism and feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!