Hey guys, for background I hadn't really seen anything about this game aside from promotional screenshots and the initial reveal. That being said I didn't exactly have expectations for the game.
I experienced a few issues that I want to detail here along with what will likely be my impression of the game until release:
- The game's performance felt REALLY jittery for me. I tried the preset the game gave me (Medium) and I was seeing about 43 fps average. I bumped most things up to High and saw no difference in performance. The game would also stutter if I turned a 180. The game also felt like the game world was stuttering, but my character wasn't. It was similar to how Roach's animations had an abrupt end/start in Witcher 3, but it was with the world stuttering, not the characters animations being of poor quality.
- The enemy AI's awareness at night needs a buff. I walked in front of and around an enemy without him detecting me before I knocked him out.
- The ground had some pretty bad texture loading (loading lower res before high res).
- I couldn't help but shake an "early access" feel. I can't really put my finger on it, but even the friend I was playing with said it felt similar to games like DayZ and H1Z1.
- This one may have just been me, but early on it felt like the cover system was automatic, but after about an hour in it felt hit/miss.
- The game only has FXAA and T-AA which is sort of upsetting, but it would've been nice to see.
- I also had the feeling that this game was designed to be played with friends, but I can see players getting tired of it relatively fast if they only want it for SP.
- It was sort of sad when I realized that the in-game joke dialogue was client-side so my friend and I would either hear different jokes, or one of us would hear nothing.
My Specs for those that may ask due to my bad performance:
- GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
- AMD FX 8350
- 8GB DDR3 1866 Mhz RAM
- 1TB HDD 7200RPM
- Windows 10 Build 1607
My thoughts: Definitely won't be a pre order/day one buy for me, as I'll likely be waiting for the performance to get ironed out. I will also probably only getting it if my friends do, as I stated above that I can see the single player wearing thin rather quickly. I DID enjoy the time I've spent with it, but I feel that was mostly chalked up to not playing by myself.