Updated concept for Erebus.
Type: Ranged, Magical
Pros: Countering casters.
Cons: High mana costs, easily caught in the right situation.
In Roman mythology, Erebus is the primordial god of darkness, the consort of the goddess Nox.
In Smite he is an anti-mage who focuses on countering other mages. Erebus is of course very powerful against ability-heavy gods, but he lacks in the mobility department and requires constant harassment to be successful. He summons shadowy blades from his cloak and launches them forward as his basic attacks, which are capable of going through walls. Going through walls lowers the damage by half however.
Erebus's design has always been the same really. I want him to feel dark and regal.
Passive – Tenebrae
- Erebus's abilities apply a debuff to his targets that reduces their MP5 by 2 per stack and increases his own by 2 per stack. Stacks last for 5s with the duration refreshing upon adding a new stack. Max stacks are 3 per god.
Ability I – Shade
Ability Type: Buff/Blind
- Erebus engulfs himself in his cloak for 3/3.2/3.4/3.6/3.8s, which restores 2/3/4/5/6% of his missing mana every time he is hit by an ability. During this time he also gains complete ghostwalking, allowing him to move through player walls and map obstacles. Erebus can dismiss this ability at any time by using it again, sending out a wave of darkness 15ft around him that blinds enemies for 1.5s.
Blind Damage: 70/100/130/160/190 (+70% of your magical power)
Ability II – Cloak of Darkness
Ability Type: Buff/Line
- Erebus opens his cloak, causing it to become wide and float behind him. For 3/3.25/3.5/3.75/4s his cloak will absorb abilities, granting him 20/30/40/50/60% damage mitigation toward abilities. At the end of the ability or when used again, Erebus will send forth a shadowy blade in a line that deals damage based on the missing mana of gods hit.
Blade Damage: 60/70/80/90/100 (+10% of your magical power for every 10% of the target's missing mana)
Ability III – Twilight Blades
Ability Type: Buff/Line
- Erebus spawns 2/4/4/6/6 shadowy blades around him that remain until used. These blades are able to be shot in lines by using the ability again to target them. Each blade deals damage, and hitting an enemy with two blades silences them for .2/.4/.6/.8/1s. Cooldown does not start until all blades are used.
Damage: 40/50/60/70/80 (+20% of your magical power) per blade
Ultimate – Pitch Black
Ability Type: Line
- Erebus sends his shadowy presence forward, connecting with up to three gods. These enemies are attached to Erebus by his shadow and take damage whenever they use an ability, as well as lose 2/3/4/5/6% of their power. At the end of the ability they are stunned for 1s. This lasts for 5s.
Initial Damage: 70/90/110/130/150 (+80% of your magical power)
Ability Damage: 50/80/110/140/170 (+40% of your magical power)
Please note that all my concepts are a WIP and will be updated constantly. Any constructive criticism, questions, and feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!
Will probably need a lot of adjusting as well. Uses mana-based abilities and such so there will most likely be need for adjustment.