- Forever 29 (F*** you boots)
- Forever 31 (Seriously F***ing boots)
- Instantly 34 (Shout out to Etheric Light)
- Crota lagging into the crystal room or standing up instantly or just being a laggy little bitch in general.
- Everyone who was positive that an exotic rocket launcher is worthless in week 2.
- Year one crucible starring Suros Regime, The Last Word, and Thorn.
- The best raid exotic Vex Mythoclast followed by the worst raid exotic Necrochasm.
- Beating Skolas, the hardest boss in HoW in under 30 seconds.
- The elusive Fatebringer and Praetorean foil.
- The elusive Crux of Crota.
- Nightfalls with no wipes allowed.
- Walking around with your head on fire after beating a nightfall whether you wanted to or not.
- Creating a stupid looking character with the surest confidence that Bungie will let you change it later if you want.
- The loot cave (May it rest in peace).
- Salty Rahool turning your purples into blues one agonizing engram at a time.
- Icebreaker, breaker of raids and nightfalls.
- Pocket Infinity (which used to fire 7 bolts at once)
- An exo stranger we’ve met twice who never had time to explain why she didn’t have time to explain.
- Rockets McDickface having 3x as much health as he does now.
- PS exclusives Hawkmoon, 4th horseman, and Monte Carlo.
- The only event, Queen’s Wrath.
- The only bounty, kill Grayliks, Winter Baron.
- Waiting for everyone to do the heavy ammo glitch and charge supers for Crota for 5 minutes only to wipe 15 seconds after starting
With a noted absence from:
- 3 of coins (getting an exotic was a special occasion)
- Glass needles (Enjoy that 80% stat roll)
- A cohesive storyline.
- A smart loot system (what do you mean you didn’t want a 15th pair of gauntlets and an 8th Atheon’s epilogue?)
- Legendary Drops in Iron Banner.
With guest appearances from your favorite LFG groups:
- “Must have G horn”
- “Must have Icebreaker”
- “Must have never died in the history of the game.”
- “Must be great crucible player” -Trials of Osiris week 1
- “Must have 12.0 KD and gone flawless 45 times” – Trials of Osiris week 2
- “If you die, you get kicked”
- “Must have completed hard mode flawless” – Never completed normal mode
And how could we forget:
- Grinding for Ascendant Shards
- Grinding For Planetary Mats
- Grinding Bounties for days to unlock exotic perks
- Passing around Gorgons Checkpoints
- Making tough decisions about loot because you had no vault space
- Glimmer Farming for days
- Exotics never dropping in crucible
- That whole month where Xur decided we just didn’t need Heavy ammo
- Re-rolling Replenish 21x when all you wanted was Shot Package
- Never having enough weapon parts (The gunsmith didn’t sell them)
- Trying to farm those elusive treasure keys
- Xur selling you voidfang vestments and sunbreakers for the 7th week in a row when all you wanted was something new
- Having Vanguard and Crucible marks and only being able to earn a certain amount each week
Just some funny and rage-inducing memories from year one. While year one was nostalgic, it makes me glad Bungie has evolved this game over the past 3 years. Hope you guys enjoy. Comment with any of your favorites from year one I may have missed.
Edit: Added Comment Suggestions
Edit 2: Wow front page! Thanks everybody! I’m doing my best to add to the list as I see the comments. Also, to clarify, this list is year 1 only. I may do a year 2 list soon but for now, I’ll only be including suggestions from year one.