Updating concept for Flora. Had a lot of help from friends in the community for feedback.
Type: Ranged, Magical
Pros: Presence, laning, utility, versatile.
Cons: Low mobility, sort of complicated.
In Roman mythology, Flora is the goddess of flowers and spring, even being celebrated in her own festival called the Floralia. She was a minor goddess of fertility and youth, married to the wind god Favonius and being a companion of Hercules.
In Smite she is a beautiful mage who plays from a distance, utilizing her flowers to attack for her. Like a flower she is delicate, but also deadly when played in the right hands. She is capable of being both a support and working on her own. Flora is beautiful and young with a pure and lovely voice. Flora's basic attacks are ranged and shot out of two vines that follow her.
Flora's design has been done over many times because I could never get it just right, but this time I have. I wanted her to not only show what kind of goddess she was, but to actually BE what she is goddess of: a flower. I ditched the human legs and went for a human-flower design.
Passive – Synthesis
- Whenever Flora is buffed or healed she will open her petals and begin to emit spores, which grants the buff at 60% of its original stats to allies within a 25ft radius of her. Additionally, while buffed or being healed, Flora gains 6% additional MP5 and HP5. All of Flora's plants have 200 + 15% of Flora's maximum health as their own.
Ability I – Mayflower
Ability Type: Line/Summon
- Flora sends a line of roots to a target location, dealing damage to enemies it passes through and slowing them by 10/15/20/25/30% for 2.5s. Once it reaches the location the roots sprout a white mayflower. This mayflower remains in place and fires a projectile every 1.2s at the nearest enemy in its radius, prioritizing enemy gods. She may have 1/2/2/3/4 of these on the map at a time.
Trail Damage: 70/100/130/160/190 (+60% of your magical power)
Projectile Damage: 40/50/60/70/80 (+15% of your magical power)
Ability II – Scarlet Rose
Ability Type: Summon
- Flora summons a rose at a target location which pulses an aura in its radius every 2s, healing allies and damaging enemies. When a Scarlet Rose is killed it shoots out thorny vines that stab into all enemies and pull them to its center. Flora may also activate this prematurely by using another ability on a Scarlet Rose. She may only have two on the map at a time. This ability cannot apply her passive twice.
Damage per Pulse: 20/30/40/50/60 (+25% of your magical power)
Heal per Pulse: 30/40/50/60/70 (+25% of your magical power)
Death Damage: 40/60/80/100/120 (+45% of your magical power)
Ability III – Wildflower
Ability Type: Summon
- Flora spawns a wildflower at a target location, which remains dormant. This wildflower has a radius of 14ft in which it will activate if it is approached. The first enemy to come into contact with it causes it to sprout out of the ground, shooting a thorn into them. The wildflower thorn leeches life to flora every .5s for 1.5s before wilting. Flora may have up to three of these on the map.
Leech Damage per Tick: 10/15/20/25/30 (+60% of your magical power)
Leech Heal per Tick: 20/25/30/35/40(+40% of your magical power)
Ultimate – Deathbloom
Ability Type: Summon
- Flora spawns a patch of beautiful flowers in a 25ft area. After 4s of growing it becomes a carnivorous plant which remains stationary and performs various functions for Flora. This plant has 100/150/200/250/300 + 30% of Flora's maximum health as its own. This plant attacks enemies who come within 15ft with basic attacks, prioritizing units that Flora herself is attacking. If the plant deals the killing blow on a minion or god it will eat them, restoring health and mana to Flora. If Flora uses an ability while in its radius it will grab the nearest enemy god and tether them to itself for .75/1/1.25/1.5/1.75s. When the plant is killed it inflicts the enemy who killed it with spores that last for 4s, revealing their location on the map and reducing their magical protections by 4/8/12/16/20 for the duration of the spores. Flora may have 1/1/1/1/2 of these on the map at a time.
Plant Damage: 20/40/60/80/100 (+10% of your magical power)
Plant Tether Damage: 40/60/80/100/120 (+35% of your magical power)
Health Restore: 6/7/8/9/10% of Flora's missing health
Mana Restore: 6/7/8/9/10% of Flora's missing mana
Please note that all my concepts are a WIP and will be updated constantly. Any constructive criticism, questions, and feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!